Spinning, more than just riding a bike!
Spinning is very popular and widespread aerobic group exercise that involves riding a stationary bike while motivating music or video is being played with the guidance of a trained instructor. Spinning has is considered to be one the most effective cardio-vascular exercises recent years. It is suitable for both men and women of every age and every fitness.
Origin of Spinning
Spinning was founded in the 80s of the 20th century, when the remote cyclist Johnathan Goldberg tried to move its training program into the room. Spinning is important for proper cycling technique. It helps to eliminate bad habits and cycling and then use the good ones in the field. Fat is used as main source in the combustion, which leads to body shaping. Spinning is a guaranteed way to improve or maintain fitness. All with a simple and fun way, together with a group of trainees who motivate your performance. Spinning does not require any difficult movements and is easily manageable even for non-sports people. It is ideal for those who want to improve their physique, especially the legs and buttocks. But it also for athletes, allowing them to specialized training for all kinds of sports. They may be due to heart rate monitor only focus on specific training load (endurance, speed, interval training, explosiveness). For its high efficiency is periodically used by NHL players.
Why choose spinning:
- It does not burden the joint system, including tendons and ligaments
- Unpretentious movement coordination
- Exercising and strengthening the muscles of the body, especially the legs, buttocks, arms and torso.
- Improving fitness
- Fat loss
- Supports the proper functioning of the cardio-vascular system
- Reduced needs – comfortable clothes (preferably cycling jersey and pants with padding), comfortable shoes, a towel, a water bottle
- You are not dependent on the weather
During one lesson an average person can burn 400 to 600 calories (that’s about 12 times more than an aerobics class). The average spinning lessons lasts 55 minutes and is divided into three parts: a short warm-up (5 minutes), the main part (40-50 minutes) and the cool down (5-10 minutes). It is a very efficient interval training that improves the performance of the body.
With Spinning there are several types of interval training:
- Interval velocity: changing speed for a predetermined period of time
- Interval load: for a predetermined time regularly changing resistance
- Interval distances: driving several sections of the same distance or ride in the same temp
- Interval heart rate: Ride with Heart Rate Monitor, the rider tries to regularly change his or her heart rate
Spinning requires an important technique of breathing for maximum athletic performance. That means breath through your nose and exhale through your mouth. It is most effective diaphragmatic breathing when each time you breathe through the nose diaphragm contracts and the air will be sucked into the lungs.
Spinning has two positions, in the saddle above the saddle. Round can stimulate real outdoor conditions and therefore both ride on the plane and into the hills. The instructor can give instructions during the entire exercise to change speed or resistance and trying to adapt to the target audience and at the same time exercise maximum effectiveness.
Here are a couple of times for your first spinning class:
- Release the elbows and shoulders and thus boost your performance
- Take deep breaths to increase lung capacity. This will send more oxygen to your muscles make them work more efficiently
- Focus your energy on your feet, where the largest muscle groups to burn fat are
- Drink a lot! Drink at least a liter of fluid
- Try to keep pace with your instructor, who motivates you for the greatest achievements.
Here is a good HIIT spinning workout